Thank you for choosing Play9 Sports and USSSA. We pride ourselves on communication and hope that you find everything you need in this document. If, after reading through the information, you still have questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Only teams who are registered and paid will show as approved. If your team is in a pending status, you are not guaranteed a spot. Once the event is full, the deadline for payment will be moved up.
Accepted forms of payment are listed below:
- Check – must be received 1 week prior to the event.
Make Payable to: Play9 Sports
Mail to: 900 TR Hughes Blvd, O’Fallon, MO 63366
- Pay online via manager page on USSSA website
WHAT INFO TO EXPECT AND WHAT INFO YOU NEED TO SUBMIT:
This document contains a list of general information rules for each USSSA Play9 Sports events. This information will apply to most of the tournaments and should be a guide for preparing for the event. A copy of tournament rules and information, Pool Schedule, Bracket for your specific tournament, will be emailed to your coach and players. All this information is accessible via the USSSA tournament site or USSSA app on your phone.
COACHES NEED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING NO LATER THAN THE TOURNAMENT DEADLINE OR RISK BEING REMOVED FROM THE TOURNAMENT!!!!
- PAYMENT OF TOURNAMENT FEES – your spot is not secure until payment is received!
- EMAIL/TEXT A COPY OF YOUR INSURANCE (only required for NON USSSA insurance holders)
- ENTER ROSTER ONLINE
- USSSA rules will apply. Copies of birth certificates must be available for inspection, in the event a player on your team is protested. Team managers or representatives are to check in at least thirty minutes prior to the start of their first game. Teams must be ready to play 20 minutes prior to their scheduled game time.
- Divisions and/or classes may be combined if there are not enough teams to fill up a division. Example 9U and 10U or 12A and 12B
- Typically pool games will be 7 innings or 75 minutes – Finish the Inning and can end in a tie. Bracket Play will be 75 minutes – Finish the Inning – International Tie Breaker (ITB). If ITB goes to a second inning, there will be runners on 2nd and 3rd, no outs. This will continue until there is a winner.
- Bracket Play will be seeded by pool games.
- The umpires will be instructed to keep the games moving, please do not delay or get upset with them. If you have an issue, please bring it to the Tournament/Site Director or UIC.
- Bracket Play will be seeded by pool games except for State events which are 3 game bracket seeded based on USSSA points.
All Teams must be warmed up and ready to play 20 minutes prior to game time. Failure to do so can result in a forfeit.
- USSSA rules will apply. There is a digital copy on the USSSA website: USSSA Playing Rules (http://usssa.com/docs/2020/FPRB_Online_revised_011620.pdf)
- Teams can bat their roster in pool play or bracket play. It is the coach’s responsibility to submit a lineup card to the home plate umpire prior to each game. Lineup cards MUST have first name, last name, uniform number, and position.
- If a team chooses to bat their roster and a player is injured, they will be required to take an out every time the injured player’s spot comes up in the batting order.
- Courtesy Runners can be used at every at bat for the Pitcher and Catcher.
- Courtesy Runners are not tied to a player (pitcher or catcher)
- Courtesy Runners must be a substitute first. If the team doesn’t have a substitute, then the runner will be the last completed at bat.
- For example: If your pitcher gets on base and she is batting 7th then ask yourself where is number 6? If she is on base, then where is number 5? Number 5 is the catcher. Where is number 4? Number 4 is in the dugout. That is your courtesy runner, number 4 in the batting line order.
- The same Courtesy Runner cannot be used for both the pitcher and the catcher in the same half inning.
- If an incorrect courtesy runner is discovered on base, the runner will be out and the Head coach will be issued a warning.
- Teams must use the official USSSA softball. Play9 Sports will supply all softballs for your event, however each team is responsible for returning foul balls & Homerun balls. If a player wishes to keep her homerun ball, her coach must replace the ball with a game worthy condition USSSA approved ball.
- Teams must have the USSSA “thumbprint” on all bats. The Blue Ghost bat is illegal. If the batter enters the batter’s box with the Blue Ghost or any other illegal bat, the player will be ejected from the game. In addition, the Head coach will be ejected for the remainder of that game and the next game.
- Protest fee is $100 and is refundable only if the protest is upheld by the Tournament Director.
- Please reference our ZERO TOLERACE POLICY in the Event Info Tab on the tournament website and share with your fans. Be advised, the umpires are in charge of controlling the game, coaches are in charge of controlling themselves, their players and their fans. Coaches can receive a warning, a bench restriction and even an ejection if their fans are disrespectful, disruptive or display unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Please understand that we do not require (OR ACCEPT) hard copy rosters,
- Your roster must be online prior to the start of the tournament, and players must have a signed waiver from their guardian.
- If your roster is not online by the tournament deadline, you could be removed from the event and replaced by a team on the waiting list.
- If at any time during the tournament a player on your team, is called into question, and the player is not on your online roster with a signed waiver, your team will forfeit. That game will be scored 7-0 in favor of your opponent.
- Other teams can see if your roster is online and which players are online, this is intentional for the purpose of transparency for all teams. For this reason, there is no negotiating this change in policy. We will not make exceptions for any team.
- When you are looking at a team’s roster, make sure you are looking at their roster for the tournament you are playing in. When you look at a team roster online, you are more than likely looking at their permanent roster. In order to see guest players, you must click the drop-down menu at the top of the roster and select the tournament you are playing in to see their official roster for the event. Guest players will appear at the bottom of the roster.
Please see the attached link for guest player info. All guest players must be entered no later than 4 hours prior to the start of the tournament (the first game of the event, NOT YOUR FIRST GAME). We cannot fix, override, or adjust your roster or this process after that time, so please make sure the deadline is met. https://www.playitforwardsportz.com/pickup-player-rules.
- Some things to keep in mind:
- Players can only be on one USSSA PERMANENT ROSTER
- There is no limit to the number of times a player can be used as a GUEST PLAYER.
- To add a player as a Guest Player, they must be on a USSSA roster.
- If you are using a Guest Player from a team who is playing in a USSSA tournament the same weekend you are using their player, they must deactivate the player from their roster in order for the other team to pick her up.
- For Example: Sally is on Heat’s permanent roster but is being used as a guest player for Fire. Heat is playing in a USSSA event in Springfield and Fire is playing in a USSSA event in O’Fallon. Heat must deactivate Sally for the weekend so Fire can add her as a guest player for the weekend.
- Please look at the chart on the above link to clarify any eligibility questions.
- Some things to keep in mind:
- In order to see your Guest Players, you must pull up your roster for the specific tournament you are adding the guest player. There is a drop-down menu at the top of your roster that allows you to select specific events.
- In the event of a weather delay the Tournament Director will send text/email to all users subscribed to the USSSA App. Download the app on your smart phone to receive updates and alerts via text. Updates will also be posted on our website play9sports.com Ultimately it is the responsibility of the Head Coach to stay in contact with the Tournament Director during a delay.
- Lightning delays will be 30 minutes from the last known/seen strike and updates will be provided via the USSSA app. Please exit the complex to your vehicles or find appropriate shelter under a pavilion. Players are not allowed to remain in dugouts or batting cages during a lightning delay.
If teams are tied going into bracket play, teams will be seeded in the bracket or awarded placement by the following: (Once past a tie breaker do not return to previous tie breaker)
- Winning Percentage – Descending
- Tied Teams (vs. each other) Winning Pct – Descending (Not valid if all teams have not played each other)
- Average Runs Allowed – Ascending
- Average Run Differential with a maximum of 8 – Descending
- Ranking Points – Descending
- Date Team Entered USSSA Database
Ties in bracket games will be decided by using the international tie breaker (after time limit or in the eighth inning). See “Game Times” above.
REFUND POLICY: No refunds will be issued after the tournament deadline or after the tournament schedule is published (whichever comes first). If a tournament is cancelled prior to the start date (not due to weather), by Play9 Sports a full refund will be issued. Once a division fills, the deadline is moved up to the date it fills.
- In the event of a weather canceled game, games will be deemed complete based on the USSSA Rulebook (Rule 4, Sect 6, C, 1 &2). Basically, games can be deemed official after 2 1/2 innings of play (with home team winning) or 45 minutes of elapsed game time.
- Teams will receive a prorated refund based on the number of games played less than the game guarantee less a $75 admin fee
- Refunds will be issued as credit towards a future Play9 event
GENERAL TOURNAMENT INFORMATION:
- No Stay-to-Play events, with the exception of the University Series. We will have rooms reserved for teams through Traveling Teams to offer with the best rates around. Please reach out email@example.com for more information on this.
- Hotel information can be found on the Traveling Teams
- Addresses to the parks can be found in the Venue tab on the tournament page. If, you are entered in an event with multiple complexes, this page will typically identify where each division is playing. If divisions are not specifically annotated, it is because the registration is not complete and venues have not been determined. Check back periodically, but venues will be decided as early as 30 days & no later than 14 days prior to an event to provide time to make hotel reservations.
- Please reference the Park’s website for their policy on overnight parking for RV’s
- Please reference the Park’s website for their policy on pets on the property.
- Please reference the Park’s policy on bikes, scooters, skateboards, hover boards
- Most complexes allow 1 team drink cooler for player use.
- Most parks strictly prohibit outside food.
- We will do our best to accommodate your requests, please understand if you enter an event scheduled for Friday-Sunday, you can expect to play on Friday. If you are unable to play on Friday you may be required to forfeit a pool game.
- T-shirts can be pre-ordered at play9sports.com
- After t-shirts are purchased, refunds will only be granted if your team’s division doesn’t make. All other sales are final. If the tournament is rained out prior to the start date, shirts will be mailed to your head coach for distribution. All T-shirts will be picked up at the event. Any t-shirt not picked up can be mailed to the customer; however, shipping cost will be at the expense of the customer.
If you still have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org